Healthy Classrooms Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson

2 posters

Go down

Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson Empty Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson

Post  Kristin Erickson Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 pm

In July 2009, I received a grant from the Healthy Classrooms Foundation to aid in the development of a mobile presentation on the topic of children's nutrition. With the purchase of new software, I was able to enhance my "Recipe Doctor" presentation through the use of a "Nutrition Jeopardy" game as well as nutritional software that provides nutritional analysis for recipes submitted to the Dr. during a presentation. This recipe "before and after" is a powerful tool for illustrating how a small change can create a big improvement in a family's nutritional profile. I have even been able to integrate this program with the new Smartboard technology available in many of our classrooms today. My experience with the Smartboard has not always been successful, it's a work in progress to be sure. I think the sequel to "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" should be titled "Are You Smarter Than A Smartboard?". In addition to the software, I was able to have a brochure designed that allows me to distribute information on my program to schools, community groups and business.
I'm so proud to be a part of the Healthy Classrooms initiative. My goal is to be able to empower kids to take an active role in their personal health by giving them current nutritional information they can use to facilitate change in their family's choices at the store level. I'm so appreciative of the recognition and support of this goal.

Kristin Erickson

http://www.therecipedoctor.com

Back to top Go down

Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson Empty Re: Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson

Post  william83 Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 pm

That sounds like a great program. It goes along well with all of the current initiatives to get kids eating healthier and moving more! Do you do your presentation at a specific school or do you speak at many different schools?

william83

Back to top Go down

Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson Empty Presentation Locations

Post  Kristin Erickson Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 pm

I speak at any school, community group or business that would like ideas to help them make new or better choices. You can visit my website for more information:)

Kristin Erickson

http://www.therecipedoctor.com

Back to top Go down

Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson Empty Re: Use of HFC Grant by Kristin Erickson

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down